Channext is committed to protecting your privacy and to complying with the GDPR. This Privacy Statement applies to the website and the software platforms of Channext. In this Privacy Statement we explain how and why we collect your personal data. We also explain your rights.
WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
Channext is the processor of information shared between our customers on the one hand and suppliers, distributors and resellers on the other hand. Together they are called our channel partners. Our channel partners are the controllers with regard to the processing of your personal data. Channext and our channel partners operate primarily B2B.
In case you visit our website, we process the following personal data:
- your IP address
- browser type
- domain name
- access time
- name, email, company and optional: (business) phone number in case you request a demo
Platform for our partners
On our platform we process the following personal data of our channel partners and customers:
- name of the individual contact of the company
- position at the company
- company name
- (business) email
- (business) phone number
- individual’s name, company name, position at company, email, and phone number. All data stored in the platform by our partners is their data and is used for the purpose of conducting business with contracted reseller partners and other partners;
- anonymous demographic information
- eventueel aan te vullen indien meer persoonsgegevens worden verwerkt.
WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ON WHICH LEGAL BASIS?
We use your personal data to maintain quality of the service of our website and to provide general statistics regarding the use of our website.
We use the personal data you delivered to us to:
- give you the information you requested. Legal basis: your consent and our legitimate interests (we strive towards excellent service)
- give you the channel and platform services you requested. Legal basis: performance of a contract
- inform you of other products or services available from us and our partners. Legal basis: performance of a contract and legitimate interests (marketing and excellent service)
- send you a newsletter and /or whitebook/e-book with regard to our services. Legal basis: your consent
- contact you for reviews regarding our current services or potential new services. Legal basis: performance of a contract and our legitimate interests (assessment and improvement of our services
- arrange and communicate with you about payment of our services. Legal basis: performance of a contract and our legitimate interests (our financial interests)
- comply with laws and regulations. Legal basis: compliance with a legal obligation
- use if necessary in court proceedings etc. Legal basis: our legitimate interests (to defend our rights in case of a claim or proceedings).
Please be informed that you are not obliged to give us personal data. However, if you do not provide us with the personal data needed, we may not be able to answer your questions or be of service to your company.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The retention period with regard to website visitors is 6 months
The following retention periods are applicable with regard to the personal data processed in relation to our channel platform:
- data regarding the performance of the contract: 5 years after termination of the contract
- data regarding reviews: 2 years or longer with your consent (for instance if we place review on our website with your permission)
- data regarding claims etc: 5 years or 1 year after settlement has been reached or legal proceedings have been terminated
- data regarding tax administration: 7 years (tax legislation).
DO WE TRANSFER PERSONAL DATA TO OTHER ORGANISATIONS?
We do transfer personal data to the following organisations if necessary for our services:
- tax authorities
- our ICT providers
- our bank in order to process payment of invoices
- our partners if necessary for the performance of a contract or to answer your questions
- our accountant
- legal advisors
We do not sell your personal data to other organisations.
DO WE TRANSFER PERSONAL DATA TO ORGANISATIONS IN THIRD COUNTRIES?
We do not transfer personal data to organisations in countries outside the EER.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website.
We use only functional and analytical cookies. We do not use tracking cookies
YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to request the following:
- access to your personal data;
- correction of errors
- restriction of processing
- receive your personal data in a form facilitating data portability
- if the processing of personal data is solely based on your consent you have the right to withdraw your consent.
You also have the right to object to processing of your personal data;
According to the GDPR you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervising authority.
We will respond within 1 month.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement.
Please contact [email protected] for any questions regarding the processing of your personal data.